Saturday, May 28, 2011

Trip to Louisiana

Setting:  Leaving New Orleans Airport in the rental car on the way to Baton Rouge

Jelly:  I am starving - we must have some lunch before we head to Baton Rouge.
Kake: No kidding....plus this daiquri is giving me the shakes!
Jelly:  Google Places suggests Harbor Seafood & Oyster Bar.
Kake:  Hmm...I don't know.  Google Places says it's in Kenner.....wait, the bullet proof vests are in the bag....nevermind
Jelly:  The seafood gumbo was great but the blackened soft shell crab special with shrimp cathy (rice topped with mushrooms and shrimp and a lobster cream sauce) was amazing.   I have never experienced blackened soft shelled crab before - spicy, crunchy and really allowed the sweet crab flavor to come right though.  I had to take a picture...


Setting:  The next morning in Baton Rouge, Louisiana after a late night of visiting with friends.

Jelly:  I am hungry - I need a good home-style breakfast any suggestions Mr. LSU Alumni? 
Kake:  Louie's Cafe has the best breakfast in the world.....but I think they're only open from 2:15am - 4am.  Let me check first...nope!  They're open now!!
Jelly:  I think I just had the best breakfast of my life - scrambled eggs, sausage links, outrageous Cajun hash-browns, and an extremely light buttermilk biscuit. Picture time...
Kake: Sorry honey...I don't have any room in the rental car for the wheel barrell you're currently in...
Jelly:  I just had to eat every last bite - I couldn't help it.


Harbor Seafood & Oyster Bar
3203 Williams Boulevard
Kenner, LA 70065-4506

Louie's Cafe
209 West State Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802

No comments:

Post a Comment